I feel like food is all I’ve been thinking about lately! I’ve been on Pinterest and Team Beachbody constantly, trying to find healthy, clean recipes to put on my list for my first ever Weekly Meal Prep and I’m finally done. I spent all of Sunday afternoon cooking some yummy recipes for the week so that it would be done, no temptation because meals were already made.
Here’s what I bought and made. Recipes for 4 different meals are below, but only 2 meals are pictured on top here. I also bought a personal watermelon and cantaloupe, flavored greek yogurt, bananas, berries, and hummus for the celery and carrots.
Chicken, Sweet Potato and Spinach Pasta
4 2 oz. chicken breasts
1 large sweet potato, chopped into bite size pieces
1 big handful of spinach
2 cups rotini pasta (I used Barilla – Whole Grain)
Salt and pepper
1. Boil water and cook pasta. Drain.
2. Put pasta in large bowl and add about 3 tbs. oil, and salt, pepper, and chili powder to your liking.
3. Heat oil in skillet over med. heat and add chicken.
4. Season with salt, pepper, chili powder, and red pepper.
5. When cooked through, take the chicken out and chop into bite size pieces.
6. Add a little more oil to the skillet.
7. When hot, add sweet potato (I added salt) and cook until soft, about 10-15 min., stirring occasionally.
8. Add spinach to skillet and cook another 5 min.
9. Add chicken, sweet potato and spinach to pasta and mix well.
Makes 6 servings.
Garlic Parmesan Cauliflower
Original recipe from http://www.ourbestbites.com/
3-4 tbs. olive oil
3-4 cloves garlic, minced
1 head cauliflower
kosher salt and pepper
2-3 tablespoons parmesan cheese
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Place olive oil and garlic in a small bowl.
3. Heat in microwave for about 20 seconds and set aside.
4. Remove stem and leaves from cauliflower head and trim into florets and place on a foil-lined baking sheet.
5. Drizzle with oil and garlic mixture and sprinkle with kosher salt and black pepper.
6. Use clean hands to toss to coat. Add more olive oil if needed.
7. Bake for 15 minutes and then toss with spatula. Bake 10 more and then toss with Parmesan cheese. Continue baking for 5-10 minutes until slightly golden brown on edges.
Turkey Meatloaf Muffins
Original recipe from http://www.heandsheeatclean.com/
2 lbs. ground turkey
3 egg whites
1 cup of quick cooking oats
1/2 tsp. ground cumin
1/2 tsp. dried thyme
2 tsp. black pepper
2 tsp. chipotle pepper spice (we could only find this at Whole Foods)
2 tbsp. garlic powder (2 cloves, minced)
2 celery stalks, finely chopped (approx. 1 cup)
1/2 small onion, finely chopped (approx. 1/2 cup)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Line baking sheet with foil.
3. Mix all the ingredients together in a large bowl.
4. Roll the mixture into balls & place on your baking sheet or in your muffin tin.
5. Bake for 40 minutes.
Makes 12 muffins
Roasted Shrimp & Broccoli
Picture and recipe from http://www.amateurgourmet.com/
1 lb. large shrimp
2 lbs. broccoli
4 tbs. olive oil
1/2 tsp. ground cumin
1/8 tsp. chili powder
1. Preheat the oven to 425.
2. On a large cookie sheet, toss together broccoli, cut up into florets, 1/2 the oil, ground cumin, salt, pepper and chili powder.
3. Spread into a single layer and pop into the oven for 10 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, toss together shrimp, shelled and deveined, with the rest of the oil, lemon zest from the lemon, salt and pepper in a bowl.
5. When the broccoli’s been in the oven 10 minutes, add the shrimp to the broccoli and toss, carefully.
6. Roast another 10 minutes, tossing once halfway through, until the broccoli is tender and golden around the edges.
Cilantro Lime Chicken Wraps
Picture and recipe from http://www.fatchick2fitchickblog.com/
6 chicken breasts
3 green onions, chopped
2 tbs. lite mayonnaise
cilantro, to taste
lime juice, to taste
wrap of your choice
1. Marinate chicken in oil, lime juice, and spices of your choice.
2. Grill chicken.
3. Cut it into bite size pieces.
4. Combine the chicken with cilantro, green onions, mayo and lime juice.
5. Serve on the wrap.
I’ll be trying at least one or two new recipes every week for awhile, until I find enough things that the whole family likes, so keep coming back for more!